Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cashflow 101 of Robert Kiyosaki

"Bakit ang mayayaman lalong yumayaman at ang mahirap lalong naghihirap?". This is the question i always ask myself and seems no one i know can give me a concrete answer until i got invited by a friend to attend Cashflow 101 Financial Literacy Training back in August 2006. She said the training cost 8,000 pesos when it was first conducted here in the Philippines way back 2005. Now it is only 800 pesos.

During the training I noticed the difference of people teaching in traditional school which teaches based on the book, while facilitators in that event shares knowledge i never heard or never read about. "There’s a big difference between a teacher and a mentor", one of the facilitator said, A teacher teaches business even if he is afraid to have one. A mentor teaches from years of gained experience. And I got that.

As the training goes on, I realized that I am trapped in the rat race. Rat Race is a race without finish line, endless, and no one can win if you are trapped on it. Rat Race is a life of survival - a life of doing and repeating things all over again, achieving but nothing meaningful in our life. It’s a life of getting up early, works hard all day long, waits for the 15th day, pay the bills and survived until the 30th. And then again getting up early to work hard and try to survive until 15th day, so on and so forth. It’s an awakening call for me finding myself in that life cycle. Only surviving and not going anywhere for 6 years of my professional career. I was just working to survive with the rule of ‘Bawal Magkasakit’.(That would take a lot of money, of course).

The objective of the training is to learn how to get out of the rat race as fast as we can by building enough PASSIVE INCOME to pay for my expenses (utility bills, credit card, children’s tuition fees, etc). Passive income is an income from rental of real state(apartment, condo, rental space etc.), dividends from paper assets (stocks, bonds, and mutual funds), interest from deposits, profits from businesses, etc.

Passive Income defined as - an Income without physically working, working smart rather than working hard. Money is working hard for for me instead me working hard to earn money. Oh, my gosh!!! No one in my past taught me about this, it explain why i am still broke after 6yrs of my employment career. The only formula i know of getting Rich is to climb up the corporate ladder or go abroad, or to play the lottery, or to join a Game show or "mag asawa ng mayaman". hahaha. Maybe some can relate to this.

Knowing about the Passive Income, it seems too easy to escape the Rat Race, but it’s not. We played for more than two hours and no one can escape from it until we learned the secret of the rich. see video above.

The message of the video is clear. Getting rich is a formula. Knowing the difference between Assets vs. Liabilities is the first step to financial success. Asset is anything that puts money into my pocket, Liabilities is anything that takes money out of my pocket. Rich people buys Asset and Poor People buys liabilities. Rich people prioritize investing, Me prioritize buying expensive cell phone. Rich people busy making money, Me busy on shopping. Rich people are inspired working, Me inspired in resting. hahaha.


"Thank God I learned it early. I am thankful that there is someone who really cares for me that invited me to this training, that is my EX Girlfriend, who's my Wife now." Not knowing this formula, I bet one's life will be on the lifetime of struggle.

I applied this formula throughout the game and i was able to escaped the rat race and was first among the 40 participants that attended the training. Today I still play this game and apply the lessons in real life. It is Fun, It is always fun building wealth.

This Financial Literacy Training is the turning point of my Financial Freedom Journey. Its answer my old age question, "Bakit ang mayayaman lalo yumayaman at ang mahirap lalo naghihirap?" Its Give me a vision of possibility of getting rich by Thinking and Doing things what the rich people do. As the saying goes...

"If you keep doing what the most people do(staying in a job), you will keep getting what most people got(poverty)."


To get an actual experience of the Cashflow 101, Createabundance Business Community invites you to attend....

Cashflow Gathering – Personal Finance Workshop

  • When: Every Saturday
  • Time: 8:30AM-1:00PM
  • Where: The Venue Restaurant, Pearl Plaza Bldg., Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig
  • Registration Fee: Php 400 (Bring a friend so both of you can get 50% discount)
  • Contact Person/Number: Ferdie/09206695065

For your wealth and abundance,

No comments:

Post a Comment